Cannabidiol or CBD is one of the cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. It is mainly popular for its medicinal purpose. It is derived from the hemp plant rather than marijuana plant as the presence of psychoactive cannabinoid, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), in marijuana is much higher.
CBD does not have any psychoactive effect whatsoever. The hemp plant also does not contain more than 0.3 percentage of THC. This makes CBD less susceptible to cannabis abuse. Some of the medicinal purpose of CBD can be listed below
- It has antiepileptic properties, which help in reducing seizure of childhood epilepsy.
- It also has pain relieving and anti-inflammatory effects along with neuro-protective benefits.
CBD products come in various forms such as oil, chewing gum, capsule, tinctures, cream, crystals and e-liquids. You must be thinking “how do I find genuine CBD shop near me?” Always opt for a trusted brand like JustCBD. Their products are all made in the USA and there is free shipping for any retail order over $20 throughout USA. You also get free returns processed within two weeks.
Therapeutic Benefits of CBD
Researches already show that CBD has some effects in the following medical conditions –
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Weight reduction
World Health Organization (WHO) also suggests that CBD oils may have positive effect in other medical conditions such as –
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Hypoxic Ischemic Injury
- Huntington’s disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Diabetic problems
- Cardiovascular disease
Side Effects Of CBD
Though the research result on the safety of using CBD is limited, the possible side effects are known.
The visible side effects are –
- Mood swings
- Drowsiness or reduced alertness
- Digestive problems, like indigestion, diarrhea and appetite issues
The less attended side effects which may occur without the knowledge of the person are
- Drug interactions
- Liver failure
- Damage caused by combining alcohol or depressant with CBD
Points to Remember While Buying CBD
No matter what form of CBD products you are buying, remember to check certain thing beforehand –
- Read the label carefully. A proper labeling would give you all the information you need to know about the product. A trusted brand would practice transparency in this regard.
- Look for the origin of the production, like it has been extracted from which cultivation. Organic products are always better.
- The extraction technique also matters a lot in producing pure and good quality CBD. The CO2 extraction method is best for producing purest CBD.
- Never forget to check the third-party certification of the product. It should be reliable and accredited.
The research on the uses, benefits, dosage, and safety of CBD is not yet complete. Therefore, it is difficult to ascertain the accurate dosage that would bring out the optimal efficacy. The law regarding CBD also varies from country to country. Conform to the law of your state when buying CBD products.